Thursday, May 13, 2010

Feeding my soul

I've just had the best kind of dinner: Nourishing, satisfying, unpredictable, and packed with lots of smiles. And believe it or not, the food was inconsequential.

I sat at the proverbial tables of 2 wonderful women and feasted on their wisdom and comfort...

...and can only hope I provided them with a little of each as well.

We've all been through crap...that's just life. We have scars: Some have healed to invisibility while others left only surprisingly shallow wounds...scrapes even. With a distinct honor, we sport these badges of pain, of growth and of courage.

Throughout it all, we share triumphs and pitfalls ... we're not left alone to laugh or to cry.

Friends - good friends - feed our souls: They're a fuel as important as food, as necessary as oxygen. There's no recipe for this, only chemistry.

And I'm oh so lucky that my elemental table overflows.

No comments:

Post a Comment