Monday, May 10, 2010

I'll fess up...

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've been rather uninspired of late...

...and blaming it on everything from the Bubbles to the GPS to global warming.

Maybe I've been too busy:
-looking for materials for the shower stall project;
-getting Ginger back on her freelancing feet;
-keeping the house together...

Maybe I've been too lax:
-avoiding cleaning my closet;
-avoiding dealing with bloody idiots about my health insurance bill;
-forgetting to return ill-sized appliance filters;
-evading the calls I need to make to the 3 close-but-no-cigar contractors...

Maybe I've been too frustrated:
-my closet's a mess;
-change No. 3 to tile design;
-in the 'spend $$' vs. 'expend effort' balance, Hubby's choosing the former;
-please do your homework, please do your homework...is my face blue?
-dealing with bloody idiots about my health insurance bill...

And what is that email? An Evite? Who is Alexis? Oh, my first cousin's getting married. Thank G-d I have a shower gift!

Oh yeah, there was Mother's Day...

Maybe I've just been me.

You haven't missed much: There was the cheese steak naan pizzas and the Mother's Day tapas spread...other than that, do you really wanna know that we ordered in hot subs - again? Didn't think so.

As for the Cheese Steak Pizza...

Details?
Here goes:

-Preheat oven to 450.
-Saute thinly sliced onion and bell pepper in canola oil until soft.
-Remove from pan and add sliced minute steak to saute.
-Put the naan onto a baking sheet and spread on bbq sauce (to sub in for the tomato sauce)...and top with the steak & pepper/onion mixture, then shredded cheese and bake 'til bubbly.


As for Mother's Day...'cuz my mom loves the treat of caviar, I cut 1-inch rounds from challah, toasted 'em and spread on a dollop of creme fraiche and yellow ($10 a tiny jar!) caviar...made fried oysters...a salad from leftover green beans, potatoes and yellow peppers...seasoned chicken wings...and the best fried wontons/kreplach (depending on where yer sittin) EVER...believe it or not, I ground up the leftover steak from the night before, added a bit of hoisin sauce and garlic chili sauce, tossed in a handful of bagged Asian Slaw...and wrapped it in a wonton wrapper before frying...

...Oh, and of course, I made my 'famous' bread pudding (with caramel sauce!) for dessert.

And now I'm onto design No. 4 for the shower tile...Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment