Saturday, May 29, 2010

A surgery, a virus, 2 adults on the mend

OK, so it was a minor surgery...(that's being milked for EVERYthing it's worth!)...and an odd virus that came on in waves and is leaving in the same (loggie) fashion...but we are 2 mending adults.

Here's the skinny:

Last month, John had a cyst on his back drained and Thursday, had the offending sac, gland or whathaveyou totally removed...He's fine, though he says he's still a little off-kilter from the sedation. (That's the 'milking' part.) I'll be fine when he finally gets to shower tomorrow.

But that's not what brought on the virus, I really don't know what did or what the virus did except make my tum burn, provide rolling waves of tum ick and kick me on my butt but not let me sleep...and I think that was enough.

Needless to say, there hasn't been much to report on the food front: Brought in John's favorite meal - cheeseburgers - and other stuff from the Tale on Thursday, he scrounged for the guys last night but tonight, I'm 'back' on my game - ish.

Unfortunately, we had to postpone dinner at friends' tonight, so I'd better be on my game...or close to it.

With Hockey Nite in Skillman, I didn't know if the Kodiaks - or how many of them - would be looking to tame their hunger here or they'd be lookin elsewhere...so I made lots of pork loin and a big orzo salad...

Details?
Here goes:
-Marinate the pork for anywhere from 1 hour to 4 in 1 bottle beer, 3 shredded dried ancho chiles, 2 shredded dried chipotle chiles, salt, pepper and a quarter c turbinado sugar.
-Grill on high for about 14 mins total.
-For the orzo, combine about 2 c cooked orzo with 1 lb bag corn kernels, 2 seeded and diced tomatoes, 1 small red onion frenched and about a third c crumbled feta cheese.
-Dress in combination of olive oil, salt, coarsely cracked black pepper, lime juice, dijon mustard and capers.

I'm gonna try a bit o'red wine with this ... and hope my tum will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment