Monday, May 3, 2010

Sandbagged

While it may be true that no one expects the Spanish Inquisition, I didn't expect to be laid low by a headache at the end of a productive day...

...and it's interfering with the Bubbles.

Ugh.

OK...I mentally rummaged through the freezer's Emergency Provisions of boxed pizzas, hors d'oeuvres and the like and came up with chipolte-marinated chicken skewers...that and the leftover taboule should keep 'em happy.

Me? Despite the heat, I wanted a can of chicken noodle soup...ya know, the high-sodium stuff from Camden?...but even in my grim state, I couldn't leave well enough alone...

Next time you crack open a can, try adding a squirt of lemon juice, a sprinkle of aleppo pepper flakes (or hot sauce or regular red pepper flakes) and a sprig or two of fresh parsley...does wonders!

I doctored the chicken soup and the chicken soup doctored me...at least there was no trouble at the mill.

No comments:

Post a Comment