Saturday, February 20, 2010

amuse bouche #1

I figure, as little bites occur to me, I'll record 'em here.

This AM, I only had to feed myself, and that was a good thing since I wanted to indulge my small craving and didn't want to do it for everyone.

I wanted warm, salty, gooey, crunchy and savory in each bite...and got it even though I might've had only five or six bites. Salty from the single 2-inch diameter slice of salami, gooey from the melted mozzarella, crunchy from the bread fried in butter and savory from the herb & pepper.

Details?
Here goes:

-Start heating a skillet and building the sandwich.
-Using about a third of a naan (flatbread), cut it in half and lightly butter the inside. Had a log o'mozzarella and lopped off two thinish (about a quarter inch) slices to put on the bread. Added a few fresh thyme leaves and a sprinkle of aleppo pepper then topped it with a slice of pepper salami and the naan topper.
-Put the yummy thing into the pan butter side down and when that side is sufficiently brown and crispy, move it aside to melt a wee bit more butter to turn the sandwich onto...Another few moments to crisp that side and finish melting the cheese.

I cut it in half and that first bite - combining the crunch of the bread and the yielding ooze of the cheese - really satisfied!

[It was a mistake to let John steal a bite...that's how good it was!]

No comments:

Post a Comment