Thursday, April 1, 2010

And it was the best brekkie ever!

Today while the lads were still sleeping, I hard boiled 10 eggs and treated myself to one of my favorite brekkies: Hot hard boiled eggs smashed and 'smothered' in butter with salt and pepper...I even chopped up a little bit of scallion to add and it was a hot morning egg salad...It was divine. Creamy and salty and peppery and, like I said, a treat. (I rarely hard boil eggs...)

When the guys roused from their slumber, I made 'em for them too. Jere licked his plate; Dill asked for pickle relish in it...the thought of which disgusted me...but he agreed to add it later if he still wanted it. He didn't and would've licked his plate if the fork hadn't already done it's job.

Ah...that was brekkie...and now for a no-dinner evening (due to much grazing all day), or so I thought...

Oh well, Dill was out, so it was salad dayz and the leftover potato gnocchi squares pan fried in a little olive oil (OMG! They are divine that way!) for the two Js and leftover chicken soup with matzah balls for me...

...a little break never hurt anyone, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment