Saturday, April 24, 2010

Some things are truly worth the wait

Contractor No. 3 paid his visit today. And the best part was that he came with his wife - my friend. My friend I'd never met in person.

His wife and I became fast friends about 2 years ago when she saw my name as the contact on a press release and just knew I could help her. She's VERY resourceful, you see, and I did my best. Apparently it worked, and we've been tight ever since. By phone, we've shared our boys' driving experiences and family issues, political banter and Can-You-Friggin-Believe-Its.

And now, I finally got to meet my pal...we hugged like we'd known each other forever and it was truly worth the wait.

For dinner, tonight, we went to visit old friends...now they're not 'old' but we've known them for ever. In fact - I love telling this story - he brought her as a 'date' to Dillon's bris. (Email me/comment if you need clarification!) Actually, we've known them longer than that...

But, we've been a little remiss in the getting-together department. So tonight we went over and were treated to a marvelous seafood dinner...Oh yes, my lads stayed home - there was hockey to be played!...and drank lovely wine...and chitchatted about this, that and the other thing...and simply enjoyed the divine comfort found in the company of good friends.

And it was truly worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment