Monday, April 19, 2010

Sing along...

Monday, Monday...dah dah dahdahdah dah...OK, enough of that. You know I can only carry a tune if my iPod's in my hand.

The first of the contractors is coming in for a shower-stall estimate tonight...so dinner's gotta be quick and easy...I'm thinkin dogs and beans or pasta...

Nope, dogs and beans...I haven't had enough nitrates lately.

Since this is basically heat-n-serve, I'll regale you with what I put on top of mine...bbq sauce, then some leftover broccoli slaw and topped it all with a few slices of avocado. Man, they were good!

And washed it all down with a superb martini, thanks to my very own Martini God. I was leaning toward a crisp rose that's been chilling in the fridge, but no. After Contractor No. 1 left, the poor man (literally and figuratively) nearly hyperventilated and needed something stronger to help relieve the stress.

What's that? $600 for the newfangled Styrofoam base? We'll stick to the old shower pan. Huh? The floor's kind of soft near the shower? Can you add that to the estimate? Another exhaust fan? Just for the shower? Vent through the roof?

And on and on...

To be honest, when we got outside to look at the roof line, I didn't help matters.

Um, what about That? Do you do patio stairs? Yes they are caving in. What would I like there? Hmmm...bluestone? That expensive, huh? What if it wasn't a solid piece? Really? That much?

I happily ditched any idea for that rose and let the martini do its thang. I hope we have enough gin: Contractor No. 2 is coming on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment