Thursday, April 22, 2010

Contractor No. 2

Not as melodic as Love Potion No. 9, but not as odoriferous as Chanel No. 5 either. (While the latter is lovely, I'm a Chanel Coco Mademoiselle gal m'self.)

With time getting short before the Shower Stall Show n' Tell, the Bubbles told me that last night's leftovers and a Big salad is the way to go...a big salad with 2 little ones on the side...They're rather insistent when not hanging out with the toddler set.

Time was shorter than planned...I hate when that happens!...'cuz Contractor No. 2 showed up a half hour early for the appointment. Urgh! I don't do early: I'll be late to my own funeral, as the saying goes. Thankfully, he caught me with only my proverbial pants down.

Ready as I'd ever be, we trudged upstairs and I did the schpiel on behalf of my still-commuting-home husband: Yes, we'll need all new tile and Greenboard; No, we're keeping the same base; Yes, the seat will probably need to be reconstructed; Yes, we'll need a new shower door, but; No, we don't want anything too fancy-schmancy with etched sea birds or anything as ridiculous as that...

I can sum up his visit thus: He came. He saw. He measured. He said little. He left.

Time to make dinner!

I added sliced scallions and celery as well as jarred sliced sundried tomatoes to a mix of romaine and arugula and dressed it with a quick - as in swirled around the bowl, not even pre-combined - vinaigrette of red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt & freshly ground black pepper.

To add a little variety for us see-food, oops I mean, seafood eaters, I made 2 'topper' salads. The first was a non-mayo tuna salad and the second was a shrimp and avocado morsel...

Details?
Here goes:

Tuna-
-Dump the contents of a fine oil-packed tuna tin into a bowl.
-Add a pinch of granulated garlic powder and salt n' pepper to taste.
-Squeeze on juice from about a third of a lemon.
-Mix to combine.

Shrimp and avocado-
-In a bowl, combine a quarter lb boiled and coarsely chopped shrimp and half a cubed avocado. -Add a third c plain yogurt, 1 t dijon mustard and the juice from a third of a lemon.
-Gently mix to combine.

Both were really tasty...and Dill even said that it all 'worked really well together.'

Wow...I got more outta him than I did from Contractor No. 2! Now let's see if his estimate hits the right note...

No comments:

Post a Comment