Friday, March 5, 2010

The crack of the bat...

Friday nights are most often take-away nights: I'm too burnt out to cook and John's too burnt out to argue the cost.

But tonight was more for convenience. Tonight actually marked an annual event - much like a solstice does - which is the start of baseball season.

So as tryouts begin, we join the many parents who sit on pins and needles as our spawn hit, field and throw their hearts out for a few precious spots on the high school teams. With all this pressure, who can concentrate on cooking?? An excuse? Perhaps. But it's my excuse and I'm stickin to it.

We ordered from the pizza place up the street and got a mix of hot and cold subs...the parm sandwiches didn't have enough marinara for my liking, but the flavor's right on.

And yep, I guess - based on last night's pasta and tonight's sandwiches - I like to be sauced. (Lemme know if you get the pun.)

Ah well, Dill's first tryout session finally finished at half nine...dunno what's on deck for tomorrow...but those pins are really starting to sting my butt. Just a few more days, just a few more days, just a few more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment