Wednesday, March 24, 2010

GinGer's Virtual Restaurant

Imagine me, owning her own restaurant!
(Grammatically incorrect, I know, but this way it brings out my ethnic side, Oy!)

--Suzy's Sandwiches, Salads and Sweets--

A friend has suggested that I follow this dream in order to be gainfully employed once more...I'm not quite yet in change-my-life mode...so I'll stick to the Facebook version where I have to give my employees (John and the boys) sweets to keep them working, pick up the trash, answer the mail and buy stuff.

HEY! That sounds just like home!

Maybe that dream's a nightmare and I'm not cut out for a restaurant gig! Besides, you can't run a restaurant without planning: it's A -say it with me- Recipe for Disaster!

Just like tonight...
was going to be...
until I foraged in the freezer and found:
Leftover slow-cooked pork! from...OMG, a month ago? Could it be? According to my list of posts, it is...So what? I scored a biggie for dinner tonight...Disaster averted!

Details?
Here goes:

-Grabbed a baguette from the freezer, bottled bbq sauce from the fridge, a piece of (MY) fried chicken from the freezer and some other stuff, made a salad of shredded romaine lettuce, halved artichoke hearts with a vinaigrette of champagne vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, and stone ground mustard...
-Lovely martinis courtesy of the Mixmaster General...because we've finally recovered from Saturday night...

...and now I'm makin' Wild Cookies per Dill's request yesterday...Welcome to GinGer's!

No comments:

Post a Comment