Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Ready" is subjective

Did you see the markets today??? Packed. Packed I tell you! Sheesh...

OK, maybe it was me: I got a late start...wanted to make brekkie for my guys...and I had to get organized...which for me is NO small feat!...so I wrote list after list (threw out a couple, wrote more)...and finally got on the road.

Stop One: In. Out. And flowers for the table...but only a third of my GPS marked off.

Stop Two: In. Wandering, wandering...slip cover for the family room chair?...too costly and too dark... Out. Didn't have much on the list for that store.

Stops Three, Four and Five: Why am I still looking for another slip cover for a chair we're probably replacing within the year? Out. Out. Ooooo, lovely table cloth. Out.

Stop Six: In. Need mostly produce and Passover provisions...Um, 'scuse me...uh, what genius put the Passover stuff a) in the store's busiest thoroughfare, and b) next to the BREAD???

Not only that, but our friends at Stop Six were out of practically everything! That means Stop Seven...Oy...

Got home and my non-limping men helped unload and put away the groceries while I finished up at Stop Seven.

And John, being the ever-hungry ever-lovin guy he is popped leftovers in the oven for dinner consisting of yesterday's baked pasta and the potato square experiment for tomorrow's seder.

The potato squares - a riff on a potato gnocchi recipe I read in a magazine - tasted great, but didn't exit the pan as I had envisioned. I think I need an additional egg to keep it together. I promise to post the recipe after we taste it tomorrow.

So after I boil the eggs, butterfly and marinate the legs of lamb and make the matzah ball batter we dine on the last of the chametz (not kosher for passover stuff) ... well for me at least for the next 8 days...

Oh, and I treat myself and unwind ... with one last sippa whiskey...

No comments:

Post a Comment