Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Fantastic" beats out Chinese

It's amazing what happens on the rare occasion that the Speech Bubbles don't appear...

(Frankly they may've appeared, but empty like my spot on the bleachers...yes, my baseball nerve's still raw. Sorry.)

...I start to think take out, especially on those rare occasions when it's just the boys and me, and miraculously the Bubbles appear with inspiration...burgers...basil...goat cheese...horseradish...I can do something with that!

A quick call home:
Me: Do you want Chinese or Fantastic burgers?
Jere: Why have Chinese when I could have something 'Fantastic?'

Done deal!

Details?
Here goes:

-In a bowl, combine about 10-12 minced basil leaves, 2 minced garlic cloves made into a paste with a bit of salt, 1 t worcestershire sauce, a half t powdered fenugreek seed, a t ground black pepper with 1 lb (80/20) ground beef.
-Preheat cast iron skillet to almost smoking.
-Form burgers (this made 4 OK-sized ones...would be considered small for some) with an indentation in the center so they don't plump to silliness and cook to your desired doneness.
-For the sauce, warm 3 T goat cheese with 2 T cream, 1 t prepared horseradish, pinch of salt and a heavy grind of black pepper...whisk to combine.
-Serve burgers topped with sauce on bread of choice (baguette for us).

Tonight I made the green beans and tossed 'em in a heaping t of store-bought pesto...a nice complement to my martini - my Master Mixologist was drinking and dining with old pals. Oh and I have to put martini glasses on my GPS...one poor vessle didn't quite make it out of its frozen slumber...

No comments:

Post a Comment