Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This is a story about...

... baseball's end and the pizza dinner that followed.

The first is harder than trying to order Chateaubriand for One and the second is easier than pie.

My talented firstborn has put aside his baseball career and it makes me sad. No more cheering; no more pins and needles (they hurt, but it was good, hopeful, pain); no more hangin with the other Baseball Parents; no more watching someone I love do something so well on the field (for now anyway). For me it's a void, and I don't do empty well.

So for the time being, aka tonight, I did my best to fill what I could - our tums - and let the martini drown my sorrows...we had individual pizzas on naan (bread) and they were quick and tasty.

Details?
Here goes:

-Preheat oven to 500 degrees. You can use a pizza stone and if so, pop it in the oven cold so it heats as the oven does. I didn't use it 'cuz it isn't big enough for three pizzas. (I used baking sheets instead.)
-Assemble any and all options for personalization...Our assortment included: marinara sauce, half a green pepper thinly sliced, mozzarella slices, goat cheese, havarti, rosemary ham (lunch meat), olive tapenade, basil leaves, olive oil and herbed gray sea salt...
-Pop toppings of choice onto the naan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

Our 3 variations all had marinara and were finished with a drizzle of oil and salt, but were certainly individual:
One had 3 cheeses, peppers and basil; another had goat cheese, peppers, ham and basil; and the other had mozzarella, tapenade, goat cheese and basil...

I'm starting to think it's gonna be a long spring...Maybe a friend's new baseball book will be the home run I need...

No comments:

Post a Comment