Monday, March 8, 2010

This too shall pass

At least that's what they tell me...but whether it does or not, the Speech Bubbles dictated that we have Rice and Beans for dinner...

After a long day, this meal is as easy as it is satisfying...both really important today. And it takes only two pots, so clean up was kind to my soux chef who also had a tough day. John, aka My Favorite Mixologist, also eased our day by pouring a delightful Malcolm Lowry cocktail. Ahhhh...
I'll hafta do a cocktail post sometime...But back to the main course...

Details?
Here goes:

In pot 1 (rice):
-Boil 2 cups chicken stock with 1 cup (canned) coconut milk and a 3-inch cinnamon stick. When boiling, add 1 and a half cups rice...cook about 18 mins until liquid has evaporated and rice is al dente.

In pot 2 (beans):
-Heat 3 15-oz cans of drained beans...I mix 'em; tonight I used 2 navy and 1 black...2 15-oz cans diced tomatoes with juice, quarter cup chopped frozen chipotle in adobo, 2 hefty T recaito, dash salt and pepper and 1 t adobo seasoning.

Serve contents of pot 2 over contents of pot 1 and you have very content eaters!

(may I please have another MLowry?)

No comments:

Post a Comment